Have you ever heard of the term hair transplantation? If not, then this article may be worth reading for you. You may have read many articles about hair restoration in websites or in newspapers. Truly speaking, hair restoration is a matter of fear for many women. It is a good practice for doctors to treat each patient on individual basis whoever approach for hair restoration treatment. So far, surgical treatment is considered to be the best procedure for hair loss issue. Hair loss treatment helping thousands of people to get back their self-confidence as they regain their natural look by this magical treatment.
Whenever we think about hair restoration treatment, the first thing that appears in mind is a picture of a bald man. It is also very true that this treatment serves well for almost 90% of bald men throughout the world. But have you ever thought of applying the same for women? Women also suffer from such pre-mature hair loss.
Constraints for Hair Restoration for women
Hair transplantation surgery is a little bit complicated for women. Generally, women do not suffer from hereditary baldness i.e. called as pattern baldness. Instead of losing hair from front and side portion of the scalp, women generally tend to suffer from diffusive hair loss. The following are some common difficulties which are encountered for hair restoration for women,
- In female pattern hair loss, the donor area is usually unstable. The selection of donor area for a female is very difficult as there is no evident zone. Thus, if wrong hair follicles are grafted it may result in hair fall out instead of hair re-growth.
- Thus, for hair restoration in female pattern baldness, well-experienced doctors should be engaged.
What are the differences between male and female baldness?
- Women do not usually develop a reducing hairline like men. Their frontal hairline usually is not affected, unlike men. Thus, like men, women often do not require any hair transplantation. Rather they are more concerned about hair loss from top and back side of the scalp.
- Hair transplant surgery does not increase the volume of hair. It just transplants hair follicles from one place to another. So, choice of hair follicles plays a major role in hair transplantation in women.
Common Causes of Hair Loss in Women
- Maintain a strict diet
- Consumption of birth control pills
- Often going for a tight hairstyle
- Stress due to work life balance
- Iron deficiency
- Hormonal imbalance
Criterion for women for a good candidate for hair transplant surgery
A recent study reveals that very small percentage of women may be considered for the candidature of hair transplantation among which only 5 % may be finally selected for this surgery. The main criterion for women are as follows-
- Women who are suffering from mechanical hair loss or traction alopecia.
- Women who have undergone any plastic surgery previously may suffer hair loss around incision sites.
- Women suffering hair loss due to high work-stress or any trauma or burn injuries.
How hair transplant works best for women?
Below are some important considerations which will make hair transplantation unique for a woman-
- Level of baldness or in other words degree of hair loss
- To understand the need for a particular patient
- Close examination of patient’s hair. The quality of hair like color, thickness, angle at which the hair grows from hair follicles, natural hair falling direction across the scalp of the patient etc.
- You can make your hair transplantation effective by modifying your considerations with the quality of your hair.
- If severe hair fall is there, then it is advisable not to go for hair transplantation. Instead, one can choose hair replacements which will be a quite positive way.
Hair transplantation in Pune is gaining popularity day by day. So, if you are looking for excellent service at quite a reasonable rate, you can always opt for Ludhiana as your destination for hair transplantation. Many reputed and recognized clinics perform this surgery with best-qualified doctors. Also, you can avail effective guidance for hair restoration especially applicable for women. Even you can take free online medical consultation from these clinics whenever you require for any kind of medical disorder.